WHY THE BLUE DESIGN ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECT IS “GREEN”?
IN THE SUSTAINABILITY OF THE LAND:
- It is located in an already developed and accessible public transportation area, thereby reducing impacts associated with transportation of staff and users of Entrepreneurship.
- It promotes and encourages the use of alternative transportation such as bicycles and low-emission vehicles, fuel efficient and shared by multiple occupants vehicles.
- Local requirements are exceeded in terms of green areas and open spaces for pedestrian use of users of Entrepreneurship.
- Handling storm water runoff is performed through a system which limits the rate of water encourages infiltration captures and reuses 100% excess stormwater that do not infiltrate.
- The project uses reflective materials on roof surfaces and no roof, in order to minimize the heat island effect, in which conventional constructions absorb heat and at night time constitute sources of heat, thereby increasing the temperature of cities.
- The night lighting is programmed to go off at non-working hours. Only the security and emergency lighting remains on. For night shift light output from inside to outside is blocked.
IN THE AREA OF WATER EFFICIENCY:
- The irrigation of green areas optimizes water consumption additionally species are native or adapted to minimize water consumption. The water used for irrigation is from the storage tank rainwater.
- The project uses an innovative wastewater system, treating them through a treatment plant, by type of effluent. 50% of industrial effluents, return to the manufacturing process after treatment. 100% of treated gray water are used for flushing toilets and urinals.
- Low flush sanitary ware are used, with automatic cut, to achieve savings in domestic water consumption of approximately 40%.
IN THE AREA OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY:
- The project used the basic rules of energy saving ASHRAE of the USA, and with respect thereto improves efficiency by 14% by reducing glazed surfaces, and in existing windows through a double hermetic glass with air chamber.
- Double insulation are used in metal roofs in order to minimize the heat input to the productive and administrative blocks
- All lighting, ventilation and cooling are high efficiency with which their consumption is minimal.
- The refrigerants used by the systems do not contain CFC (chlorofluorocarbon compounds) that affect the ozone layer and increase the effect of global warming. Environmentally friendly refrigerants are used without CFCs.
IN THE AREA OF MATERIALS AND RESOURCES:
- In the construction phase, the separation of waste by type is performed, which seeks to achieve that 95% of construction waste are reused, donated or recycled; thereby ensuring that only 5% of all waste generated, go to Municipal landfill.
- In the operation phase, the separation of waste will take place in areas where it is generated, and then will deliver to recycling companies, thus reducing to a minimum the amount of waste being thrown into landfills.
- The project encourages the use of regionally produced materials, reducing the impact of transport of raw materials to the factories and from the suppliers, to the venture. The objective is to use 30% of materials whose raw material and manufacturing falls within 800 km of the project area.
IN THE AREA OF INDOOR ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY:
- The project uses basic rules of indoor environmental quality ASHRAE of the USA, and with respect thereto, improves internal ventilation rates on a 30%, to ensure an excellent quality of indoor air, while considering the cooling energy savings.
- The Entrepreneurship, uses materials with low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC or VOC for its acronym in English) emission, pollutant for occupants in both materials applied to floors as paints and coatings.
- The rooms and cooling systems are designed such as to ensure Thermal Comfort of 80% of the occupants of Entrepreneurship, both administrative and Industrial Production areas.